This chicken fry recipe is on demand by Dinesh san!!!! So here it goes….
2. Allium cepa or onions (In Japan, the onions taste a bit sweet so I prefer to keep the nos less) . So For about 20 pieces, I use about 1 big onion. – Cut or sliced into small pieces.
3. Solanum lycopersicum or tomatoes (1 big one should be fine ) – Cut into small pieces
4. Chicken masala (MDH, MTR, Aachi whichever you can find)
5. Ginger paste (1/2 teaspoon)
6. Chillies (4-5 cut into small pieces)
7. Oil (Depending on your health inclinations, you can decide on the amount of oil). I like to use more oil (about 3-4 teaspoons) for frying as it gives more taste and chicken looks like a real chicken fry.
8. Chilli powder, turmeric powder, cloves, cinnamon sticks, Curd
9. Salt to Taste
Marination (Time : 30 mins)
Clean the chicken pieces and marinate this with curd, chilly powder, tumeric powder, ginger paste, chicken curry masala and allow this to marinate for about 30 mins. After 30 mins, pressure cook it with water so that it becomes soft and edible !!!!
In a deep fry kadhai, heat oil and add the cloves, cinnamon sticks and allow it to fry. Next add the chilies and after this is fried a little, add the onions and ginger paste. Fry this until it turns golden brown. Now add the chicken curry masala and chilli powder. By this time, you should be getting a good fragrance. Now, add the tomatoes and allow this paste to fry more for maybe 3-4 minutes. Next add the cooked chicken pieces along with a some amount of the chicken stew. Bring this to a boil for about 5-10 minutes. Allow all of the stew to dry off and keep frying the chicken for 3-4 minutes. Your Momochi Chicken fry is ready !!!!
Suggestions and comments are welcome !!!
P.S.: If you were thinking why Momochi Chicken… Thats becoz I stay in Momochihama in Fukuoka 🙂 . Will be also adding a pic of how it looks at the end soon 🙂